Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Strawberry Farm ( Baguio)

Strawberries,anyone?



It took me 34years before I finally made it to Baguio’s much-visited Strawberry Farm. I have been to Baguio City for countless times- -visiting its tourist attractions-- but no one in my group ever suggested that we go to the farm… Although I am not a big fan of strawberries, I just want to experience how it’s like picking these fruits.

The farm is located at La Trinidad, Benguet—just in the outskirt of Baguio City. It is best to go there early in the morning, maybe around 7 am or earlier. From your hotel (ours is located in Leonard Wood Road), hire a taxi cab that will take you there for about 20 to 30 minutes. We paid 100php (more or less) for the ride.





Per kilo of strawberries cost 350 pesos. But we were able to bargain for Php 300/kilo. Although it’s still expensive as compared to the strawberries being sold, remember that we are paying for theexperience’ and the fruits.



Besides the fresh fruits, also try their strawberry flavored taho ( 30 pesos)  and ice cream (20 pesos). I highly recommend it since it tastes so good!





Better yet, why not take these ‘ pasalubongs’ with you. J








No comments:

Post a Comment